I’ve taken up line dancing. Seriously. I’m now up to 2 nights a week, learning how to line dance and getting a heck of a lot of fun exercise in the process. I highly recommend it!
Other than that, I’ve been getting NEW books out – finally! It was a long dry spell for me that I think I can comfortably say is now over. Here’s a little bit of what’s been going on…
1) Tales of the Were: Slade is now available in both ebook and print.
2) Tales of the Were: Rocky is also in ebook and print, but Amazon had decided to put the print version on sale for about 36% off the cover price of $9.99. It’s currently at about $6.37, but I have no idea how long that will last.
3) The cover for Tales of the Were: Grif (Redstone Clan 1) has been finalized. Isn’t it gorgeous? Our own Valerie Tibbs has created another masterpiece for me!
Grif is the first in a sub-series of 5 stories – 1 for each of the Redstone brothers. Grif will be first, followed (probably) by: Mag, Steve, Bobcat and Matt. I plan to write and release these stories throughout the rest of 2013 and into 2014.
Grif’s story picks up where Slade leaves off, with Grif retreating to the wilderness with his traumatized younger sister, giving them both time to heal from loss and discover the peace of the forest. Grif also discovers a woman – the one woman meant to be his mate. But she’s done something to piss off the local wolf Pack and he has to stake his claim to guard her safety.
4) Dragon Knights: The Dragon Healer is scheduled for release on 7/2/13, but is available for pre-order from Amazon. This is a novella that will go into print alongside the very first Dragon Knights novel, Maiden Flight. It’s sort of a “companion piece” that goes back and tells the story of how the healer, Silla, was seduced into joining with two knights and living at the Border Lair. Here’s the blurb:
What’s better than a knight sweeping you off your feet? Two knights.
Silla is a healer riding circuit on the border, helping those in need. When she hears the pained cries of a dragon in distress, she comes to his aid, using most of her precious supplies to help the badly injured creature.
The dragon’s knight, Brodie, is fascinated by the woman – the miracle worker – who has come to help his friend. She is both beautiful and kind hearted and he quickly realizes she is his destined mate. And if she is Brodie’s mate, she is Geoff’s as well, for Brodie’s dragon was mated to Geoff’s dragon many years ago.
Geoff doesn’t believe in the tales of love at first sight among knights, but he knows that when either he or Brodie finds a wife, they will share her. Hearing about the dragon’s injury, Geoff and his dragon race to help, only to find the dragon on the mend and Brodie in bed with the most stunning woman Geoff has ever seen.
Love at first sight turns out to be real and it strikes them all as they come together and realize that no matter what the obstacles, they are meant to be together. Silla is the missing link that will join their lives and make them a true Lair family.
Warning: Knights like to get frisky and these two are no exception. Beware the passion, playfulness, a bit of bondage and a whole lot of three-way loving with a tiny bit of exhibitionism thrown in for good measure.
5) Dragon Knights: Master at Arms is scheduled for release on 8/20/13, and is finally available for pre-order from Amazon. This is also a “companion piece” – by which I mean a novella – that tells the story of the war along the border and how a noblewoman comes to be married to two dashing knights. Here’s the blurb for this one…
When Cara’s half-brother is gravely wounded, she rallies the defenders of their keep as best she can. She knows how to fight, but is smart enough to realize she cannot-and should not-lead men into battle. No, that is the job of the Master at Arms, a mysteriously attractive foreign fighter named Tristan.
But when deadly, venomous creatures called skiths attack, only dragons can save them. A flight of dragons arrives in the nick of time-among them an unpartnered dragon named Rath and his mate with her handsome knight partner, Sir Thorn. Until Rath finds a knight and both knights find their lady, the dragons cannot be together. But fate may have just stepped in to help both dragons and men.
Caught on the ground, Rath is in serious danger from a rogue skith when Tristan comes to his rescue. His courage impresses the dragon greatly. This is a man who could be a knight… if his loyalties can be won by dragonkind.
And all is not as it seems with Cara’s family and the half-brother who wants nothing more than to pack her off to a loveless marriage, sold to the highest bidder. It will take all the diplomacy and skill of both Thorn and Tristan to set things right… and win Lady Cara’s heart for themselves.
Warning: When two dragons really want something, it’s best not to stand in their way. And when their knights are focused on a single woman, nothing and no one will stop them from getting what they want. Beware! This trio gets up to all kinds of naughtiness in the pursuit of true love.
6) Arcana: King of Stars has a cover, but has been put off for a bit – until after the big RT con in May at least. Sorry about that. But – when it does come out, I’m toying with the idea of putting all four Arcana stories together into a “boxed set” of ebooks and, depending on length, into print as well.
7) As I just mentioned, RT is coming up and I’m under the gun to get things together for the big trip. I have to mail lots of boxes ahead and I’m scrambling to get things packed and ready. I also have NO IDEA what to wear! LOL! The con is from May 1-5, but I’ve done this event enough times now to know that it really takes up most of the month before in prep and then at least two weeks after in recovery.
So that’s the update. Now I have to go do some laundry so I have something to wear to line dancing lessons tonight! (Yes, this is the glamorous life of an author. LOL)